Petit Pearson Childcare Centre Summer Camp, 2018
July 3rd to August 24, 2018
7 Snowcrest Avenue
7:30 AM-6:00 PM
Our mission is to offer the highest quality camp program for children. This program will provide learning opportunities in a safe and caring environment with a focus on having fun and developing friendships. We run the summer camp from July to August (9 weeks).
Registered Early Childhood Educators
Our teaching team is led by qualified educators who understand child development. The activities planned for each week are designed around interest themes that provide children with a choice of things to do based on the interests and needs of the children.
Our summer program takes place in our permanent facilities at Lester B. Pearson, which are equipped with developmentally appropriate materials and games. For our summer program, we use the school gymnasium, and outdoor sports field at the school, as well as, the indoor swimming facilities at the local community centre.
During our summer program, the children participate in field trips. The types of field trips that we embark on are chosen because they enhance and enrich the child’s learning experience and accommodate the need for children to be a “kids” and to have fun.
Enriched arts, dance and sports programs
We bring in experienced artists, dancers and athletes to run our special programs.
- French Language Club: The Beginner French Language Club will run for the months of July & August. This program will include reading, writing, singing, and more. This program is for P.S, S.K and G.1 only. (Available every week)
- Reading Club: The program is for P.S, S.K. and G1 only. Children are grouped according to grade level, and grade-level-appropriate books are selected. The goal is to assist children build and enhance their confidence through talking about books, and to associate reading with pleasure and to promote the value of education and literacy. (Available every week)
- Cooking Club: The program runs throughout July and August. This is a fun, creative, and challenging culinary program. Your child (ren) will have the opportunity to create their own meals or desserts as they pursue their passion for cooking under the guidance of our skilled educators. (Available every week)
- Sport Ball Club: This program focuses on skills and integrates mental, cognitive and emotional development. Children will develop their physical strength through running, jumping, throwing etc. They will be introduced to simple rules of fair play and ethics of sport. This program is for P.S, S.K and S.A age groups. (Available weeks 1-4 only)
- Science Club: This program offers children a chance to become a Scientist and an Explorer. It includes topics that will spark children’s curiosity from both modern science and history. Children will engage in exciting hands-on activities, watch spectacular demonstrations, and participate in inquiry-based discussions. (Available weeks 1-4 only)
- Soccer Club: This fun program is designed to further develop gross motor and athletic skills in a positive, supportive, and non-competitive environment. This class will be taught by a specialist. This program is for P.S, S.K and S.A age groups . (Available weeks 5-8 only)
- Indoor Swimming Pool: This Fun program is designed for school age children only. They will be using the indoor swimming pool at Cummer Park Community Centre every other week. Children will be exposed to water experiences. Children will not be allowed to use the deep end area. (Available weeks 1,3,5,7 only)
- Multi Sports Club: Children will learn to use a variety of outdoor play materials such as balls, ropes, etc. and use different techniques as well as their imagination to create new games. They will develop skills including coordination, balance and speed. (Available weeks 1-4 only)
Hot lunch program
Included in the weekly cost of our program are hot, healthy, catered lunches, as well as snacks in the morning and afternoon.
See our sample menus in the nutrition section.