Petit Pearson Childcare Centre Summer Camp, 2017
July 4th to August 25, 2017
7 Snowcrest Avenue
7:30 AM-6:00 PM
Our mission is to offer the highest quality camp program for children. This program will provide learning opportunities in a safe and caring environment with a focus on having fun and developing friendships. We run the summer camp from July to August (9 weeks).
Registered Early Childhood Educators
Our teaching team is led by qualified educators who understand child development. The activities planned for each week are designed around interest themes that provide children with a choice of things to do based on the interests and needs of the children.
Our summer program takes place in our permanent facilities at Lester B. Pearson, which are equipped with developmentally appropriate materials and games. For our summer program, we use the school gymnasium, and outdoor sports field at the school, as well as, the indoor swimming facilities at the local community centre.
During our summer program, the children participate in field trips. The types of field trips that we embark on are chosen because they enhance and enrich the child’s learning experience and accommodate the need for children to be a “kids” and to have fun.
Enriched arts, dance and sports programs
We bring in experienced artists, dancers and athletes to run our special programs.
- French Language Club: The Beginner French Language Club will run for the months of July & August. This program will include reading, writing, singing, and more. This program is for P.S, S.K and G.1 only. (Available every week)
- Reading Club:The P.S,S.K. and G1 only. children are grouped according to grade level, and grade-level-appropriate books are selected. The goal is to help children build and enhance their confidence through talking about books, and to associate reading with pleasure and to promote the value of education and literacy. (Available every week)
- Cooking Club: The program will be about an hour. The program runs throughout July and August. This is a fun, creative, and challenging culinary program. Your child(ren) will have the opportunity to create their own meals or desserts as they pursue their passion for cooking under the guidance of our skilled instructors. (Available every week)
- Tennis Club: Overall the program focuses on skills and integrates mental, cognitive and emotional development. Children will develop their physical strength through running, jumping, throwing etc. They will be introduced to simple rules of fair play and ethics of sport. This program is for P.S, S.K and S.A age groups. (Available weeks 1-4 only)
- Dance Club: This is an hour long program and is taught by a specialist. This program will include music with fast moving rhythms. Children will learn the basic steps of dance. Goals of this class: Develop the children's muscles, keep the children physically active, follow instructions, have fun, and learn new rhythms through dance and movement. This program is for Todd and P.S age groups. (Available weeks 1-4 only)
- Mechanics and Engineering Club: In this program, children explore tools, carpentry, and electronics. They will have a chance to safely explore a variety of hand tools, and their practical uses. We will investigate a wide range of electronics to learn how and why they work. Children will also have a chance to work and build with wood. It is suitable for S.K and S.A age groups . (Available weeks 1-4 only)
- Soccer Club: This fun program is designed to further develop gross motor and athletic skills in a positive, supportive, and non-competitive environment. This class will be taught by a specialist. It is suitable for P.S, S.K and S.A age groups . (Available weeks 5-8 only)
- Outdoor Adventure Games Club: This is a creative and exciting program. These are all original outdoor games that mix everything from construction, and physical activity, to cognitive and group challenges. For example, the Survival game which is an hour long high energy chase, complete with scavenger hunts, group missions, and building challenges. It is suitable for all age groups . (Available weeks 5-8 only)
- Multi Sports Club: Children will learn to use a variety of outdoor play materials such as balls, ropes, etc. , and use different techniques as well as their imagination to create new games. They will develop their skills such as coordination, balance, speed, etc. This program is for the toddler age group only. (Available weeks 5-8 only)
Hot lunch program
Included in the weekly cost of our program are hot, healthy, catered lunches, as well as snacks in the morning and afternoon.
See our sample menus in the nutrition section.